The Ordinary Diploma in Banking Practice and Supervision programme is a competence-based offered only by the Bank of Tanzania Training Institute with objective of building professionals from lower stage of banking career, where an appropriate culture founded in integrity, honesty and professionalism can be moulded. The programme is targeted to address the training needs of staff of financial institutions and individuals who aspire to work in the financial sector.
Also, the Institute uses high competent resource persons to offers short-term programmes, which cater for the training needs of staff of the Bank of Tanzania, Financial institutions, EAC and SADC Central Banks, Chief Executive Officers, Managers, and the General Public.
A world-class training institute for competence-based capacity building on Central Banking and financial sector development.
To provide state of the art requisite knowledge, skills and attitude for fostering professionalism and ethical practice in central banks and financial sector.
In pursuit of its mandate, the Institute is guided by values to engender trust and deepen the linkages between the Bank of Tanzania and its stakeholders. Therefore, the Training Institute operations is guided by the following core values:
- Professional excellence: Executing duties professionally, with creativity and continuous improvements. This will be exemplified in the independence, rigour, practicality and quality of the training programmes.
- Accountability: Collectively and individually being accountable and responsible for all that they do and are diligently committed to respond to the need of the stakeholders.
- Integrity: Upholding high ethical and moral standards in their conduct reflected by honesty, sincerity, fairness, truthfulness, and confidentiality in execution of the Institute’s mandate.
- Inclusiveness: Embracing broad participation and teamwork to harness skills and experiences of members for the effective discharging of the Institute’s objectives.
- Professional conduct: Upholding highest standards of conduct and behaviour both at work place and outside work place to promote good will of BOT and image of the Institute.